One MICHELIN Star : High quality cooking, worth a stop!
Using top quality ingredients, dishes with distinct flavours are carefully prepared to a consistently high standard.
Restaurant offering vegetarian menus
With its glitzy, slightly ostentatious interior, this certainly isn’t your average Chinese restaurant. A table near the back beside the tropical fish tank is a great place to sit, with the basement more suited to a romantic date – and service is engaging and highly attentive. The wine list includes some interesting Chinese options and is well worth a look. All areas of China are represented on the wide-ranging menus, with an emphasis on the southern Nanyang region. 20% of the dishes are classics, such as the powerfully flavoured 18-hour slow-cooked pork belly; the other 80% are more elaborate, adventurous constructions like spring chicken and Szechuan spicy crumble. Vegetarians are well looked after and desserts are a highlight. Lunch consists of ‘Little plates of loveliness’, with lucky number 8 about the right amount to share; or come for afternoon tea with its fine infusions, bao buns and macaroons.
- MICHELIN guide inspectors
All your travel news: our automobile, motorcycle and tyre tips and good deals, routes, traffic updates and road network flashes, motoring services on your route and future innovations. Subscribe to the Michelin newsletter
Manufacture Française des Pneumatiques Michelin will process your email address in order to manage your subscription to the Michelin newsletter. You may unsubscribe at any time by clicking the unsubscribe link included in the newsletter. Learn more