1
Church of St Joseph
11 rue Victor-Hugues, 97119 Vieux-Habitants Driving directions
The Green Guide

Useful information

Description

Built of volcanic rock in 1639, this is the oldest religious building in Guadeloupe. It was almost entirely reconstructed in 1720 after a fire. The most striking feature is its porch, the work of stonemasons from the Limousin, above which is the coat of arms of the Capuchins, the order responsible for this parish. Inside, a chapel is dedicated to Father Breton and Father Du Tertre, two 17C Dominican priests.

Localisation

  • Route from this place
  • Directions to this place
  • Route via this place
  • Nearby hotels
  • Nearby restaurants

Things to see and donearby

Where to sleepnearby