1
Victory Square
Piaţa Victoriei, Timisoara Driving directions
The Green Guide

Useful information

Description

Flanked by the imposing Orthodox cathedral and the Romanian Opera House, this elongated pedestrian square was laid out in 1906. It is split in two (the Corso and the Surogat) by a central garden. A fountain supplied by an old artesian well, a Romanian she-wolf gifted by the city of Rome in 1926 and a monument to King Ferdinand (on Strasse Goethe) adorn the square, lined by imposing edifices, some of which by architect Lászlo Székely in the Secessionist style.

Localisation

  • Route from this place
  • Directions to this place
  • Route via this place
  • Nearby hotels
  • Nearby restaurants

Things to see and donearby

Where to sleepnearby