1
Liberty Square
Piaţa Libertăţii, Timisoara Driving directions
The Green Guide

Useful information

Description

This symmetrical square was laid out in 1734 to plans by Italian architect Pietro del Bronzo. Flanked by the Baroque Old Town Hall and Military Club, it also has one of the city's most famous Baroque monuments, the monument to St John Nepomucene (1756) by Viennese sculptors Blim and Wasserburger. On the corner of Dimitrie Cantemir Street is a spot remembering the victim of Deecember 1989 (1989 Altar).

Localisation

  • Route from this place
  • Directions to this place
  • Route via this place
  • Nearby hotels
  • Nearby restaurants

Things to see and donearby

Where to sleepnearby