Château de Talmay
Place du Château, 21270 Talmay Driving directions
The Green Guide

Useful information

Opening hours

1 Aug-15 Sep: 1pm-7pm - closed Mon


The origins of Talmay Castle go back to the 13C. All that remains from this period is the 46m high square keep. The present edifice dates from 1760. The main building, surrounded by French-style gardens, is decorated with a strange representation of Cybele, the Sun and the Moon. The tour of the castle includes fine Renaissance rooms (carved ceiling, 17C wood panelling), the library, a room decorated with Louis XIV wood panelling and the guardroom. The top of the tower offers a fine panoramic view of the "Côte", the Langres plateau and the Jura mountains.


  • Route from this place
  • Directions to this place
  • Route via this place
  • Nearby hotels
  • Nearby restaurants

Where to sleepnearby