2
Swidnica Church
Ulica Pokoju 6, Swidnica Driving directions
The Green Guide

Useful information

Opening hours

Apr-Oct: Mon-Sat 9am-6pm, Sun and Bank Hols noon‑6pm; Nov: until 4.30pm; Dec-Mar: Mon-Sat 10am-3pm, Sun and Bank Hols noon-3pm

Description

A UNESCO World Heritage site, this church in the heart of the Silesian countryside was built from 1656 on a cruciform plan. Its sides are flanked by porches and apses. The church stands at the centre of an ancient cemetery with hundred-year-old tombs and can accommodate 7,500 worshippers (3,000 on its two storeys of balustraded galleries bearing epitaphs). Dedicated to the Holy Trinity, it has a high altar (1752) and a Baroque pulpit.

Localisation

  • Route from this place
  • Directions to this place
  • Route via this place
  • Nearby hotels
  • Nearby restaurants

Where to sleepnearby