Château du Pin
Chemin du Château, 39570 Le Pin Driving directions
The Green Guide

Useful information

Opening hours

Jul-Aug and Heritage days: 1pm-7pm; rest of year: by prior arrangement


This château standing in a setting of pastures and vineyards is one of the few examples of medieval architecture in Franche-Comté. It was built in the 13C by Jean de Chalon, Count of Burgundy and Lord of Arlay, destroyed by Louis XI, then rebuilt in the 15C and restored again recently. The elegant watchtowers of the imposing 15C keep soften its slightly severe appearance and afford a lovely view of the surrounding area.


  • Route from this place
  • Directions to this place
  • Route via this place
  • Nearby hotels
  • Nearby restaurants

Things to see and donearby

Where to sleepnearby

Where to eatnearby

  • From €30 to €85
    MICHELIN 2021
    5.7 Km - 635 Grande-Rue, 39210 Saint-Germain-lès-Arlay
  • From €28 to €88
    MICHELIN 2021
    8.17 Km - 1890 avenue de Châlon, 39570 Courlans