Monastery of Kladruby
Pozorka 1, 349 61 Kladruby u Stříbra Driving directions
The Green Guide

Useful information

Opening hours

Jun-Aug: 9am-5pm; Sep: 10am-4pm; May: Tue-Thu: 1pm-4pm, Fri-Sun: 10am-4pm; Apr and Oct: weekends and Bank Hols 10am-4pm - closed Mon


Founded in 1115, this Benedictine abbey suffered greatly during the Hussite wars (14C). It was not until 1712 that it came to the notice of Abbey Finzguth, who entrusted the restoration of the edifice to the architect J.B. Santini-Aichel (1667-1723), who created a Baroque and Gothic fantasy. In addition to the painted panels, cupola and superb statues, the restored section of the convent is also open to the public. The latter is home to, among others, the library and a superb gallery of works sculpted by Braun.


  • Route from this place
  • Directions to this place
  • Route via this place
  • Nearby hotels
  • Nearby restaurants

Where to sleepnearby