Wang Chapel
The Green Guide

Useful information

Opening hours

mid Apr-end Oct: 9am-6pm; Nov-mid Apr: 9am-5pm; office Sun-10am, in summer 9am in German


Built out of pine in the 12C in Norway, Wang Chapel was given to the Lutheran community in Karpacz by King Frederick William IV of Prussia. Dismantled, transported and re-erected here, it opened its doors on 28 July 1844. Only the entrance gates and the capitals of the interior columns are original. The elegant architecture combines Viking and Romanesque styles. Insulating worshippers from the cold outside, a gallery with windows with a thousand glass discs encircles the choir.


  • Route from this place
  • Directions to this place
  • Route via this place
  • Nearby hotels
  • Nearby restaurants

Things to see and donearby

Where to sleepnearby