Military Compound
11 Carleton Street, Fredericton E3B 4Y7 Driving directions
The Green Guide

Useful information

Opening hours

Changing of the guard Jul-Aug: 11am and 4pm, Tue and Thu 11am and 4pm 7pm


The central location of the former military headquarters illustrates the importance of the infantry garrison in early Fredericton. Officers' Square, now a pleasant park, was formerly a parade ground. It is the site of the former officers' quarters, a three-storey stone building with white arches, constructed in 1839 with additions in 1851. A little further west, the Guard House (1827) and soldiers' barracks with red-painted wooden terraces have been restored and furnished.


  • Route from this place
  • Directions to this place
  • Route via this place
  • Nearby hotels
  • Nearby restaurants

Things to see and donearby

Where to sleepnearby