Guildhall of St Mary
Bayley Lane, Coventry CV1 5RN Driving directions
The Green Guide

Useful information

Opening hours

mid Mar-early Oct: Sun-Thu 10am-4pm; rest of year: by appointment


Founded in 1342, it was the prison of Mary Queen of Scots in 1569. Its treasures are two tapestries, one Flemish c 1500, showing Henry VII kneeling, and the other showing Queen Elizabeth and her courtiers. The Hall has a splendid wooden ceiling and stained-glass windows portraying Kings and Queens of England.


  • Route from this place
  • Directions to this place
  • Route via this place
  • Nearby hotels
  • Nearby restaurants

Things to see and donearby

Where to sleepnearby

Where to eatnearby