Mémorial de l'Internement et de la Déportation - Camp de Royallieu
2 bis avenue des Martyrs-de-la-Liberté, 60200 Compiègne Driving directions
The Green Guide

Useful information

Opening hours

10am-6pm - closed Tue, 1 Jan, 25 Dec


The military barracks of Royallieu (1913) were transformed in June 1940 into "Frontstalag 122" camp. It is now the site of a discreet, tasteful memorial. In front of the memorial entrance, the glass steles of the Wall of Names list the names of the 41,876 men who were interned and deported during WWII (among whom, Robert Desnos, Robert Anthelme, Jorge Semprun). The historical section, designed by Christian Delage, relates how the Germans went from a policy of repression to a policy of deportation.


  • Route from this place
  • Directions to this place
  • Route via this place
  • Nearby hotels
  • Nearby restaurants

Things to see and donearby

Where to sleepnearby

Where to eatnearby

  • From €25 to €45
    MICHELIN 2021
    2.23 Km - 6 rue des Pâtissiers, 60200 Compiègne
  • From €25 to €40
    MICHELIN 2021
    6.16 Km - 58 rue de la République, 60880 Le Meux
  • From €72 to €139
    MICHELIN 2021
    9.21 Km - 3 rue des Meuniers, 60350 Saint-Jean-aux-Bois