Old Counts' Mansion - Celje Regional Museum
Trg Celjskih knezov 8, Celje Driving directions
The Green Guide

Useful information

Opening hours

Mar-Oct: Tue-Sun 10am-6pm; Nov-Feb: Tue-Fri 10am-4pm, Sat 9am-1pm, closed Sun

Description

The Old Counts' Mansion, now the Regional Museum, was built between 1580 and 1603 by the Counts Thurn-Valssasina. This L-shaped building extends to the old ramparts, on the banks of the Savinja. A fine two-storey arcaded gallery was added on the north side of the building in the early 17C. Painted in the large first-floor hall at the same time, the fabulous ceiling with a trompe-l'oeil in the central panel was discovered during a renovation in the 1930s.

Localisation

  • Route from this place
  • Directions to this place
  • Route via this place
  • Nearby hotels
  • Nearby restaurants

Things to see and donearby

Where to sleepnearby

Where to eatnearby

  • From €12 to €43
    MICHELIN 2020
    1.8 Km - Zagrad 77, 3000 Celje
  • From €17 to €92
    MICHELIN 2020
    6.72 Km - Novo Celje 9, 3301 Petrovče
  • From €39 to €140
    MICHELIN 2020
    8.09 Km - Grad Tabor Laško, Cesta na Svetino 23, 3270 Laško